365. day 9.
This little heart went on my happy love wall today.
Things I’m thankful for today:
1. My sunflower seeds popping out of the soil. It made my day when I walked in and saw them.
2. Jamba Juice.
3. Good, God-honoring conversation.
4. Roll. Tide. Roll. And the one other person I saw on campus flyin Bama colors.
5. The way that pencil writes on my new heavy duty graph paper.
7. That God doesn’t ask me to read between the lines.
11. My foods teacher explaining the psychological significance of the emotional connection between food and our ability to cope.
12. He keeps His promises.
13. The pink bathroom that made me even more excited that Gina’s coming to visit me.
14. My happy love wall.
15. Heaven, and the people I know are worshiping the King of Kings right now.
16. That tomorrow’s a new day.
That was a lot longer than I thought it would be. It was a good day. Sometimes in the midst of pondering over all the life decisions/freak outs/dreams/expectations/what-are-You-doing-God moments I forget how pretty all the details are. Knowing what is right is like deep water in the heart, the wise person draws from the well within. My heart has so much emotion, truth, fear, hope, lies, passion, all jumbled up. I have to ask Him to draw deep, past all the immediate concerns and worries and outrages and rejoicing, to what I can hold on to as true.
He’s going to take care of my heart.